How our funding works
The Joint Gender Fund works through calls for proposals. Calls are published here and advertised via our Facebook and Twitter accounts. Each call is aligned with our strategy and seeks to respond to needs in the GBV sector. Funding is awarded to successful applicants based on the availability of funding and the strength of the application.
To be eligible, organisations applying for funding must:
- Be registered South African non-profit organisations;
- Have adequate financial and management systems in place;
- Have good governance structures;
- Have strong women’s leadership, participation and empowerment;
- Demonstrate alignment with the overall strategy of the JGF;
- Have a vision for transforming unequal gender power relations.
There is currently no active call for proposals. The next call will be in 2017.